I’m almost finished with a very beautiful 1.1 update for OrbitLab. Updates and new features include:
- Works on any device – I adapted the interface to work on smaller devices such as phones and phablets instead of just tablets.
- Replay slider – In addition to replay from the start, there’s a new slider that lets you scrub to replay from any place in the last 3 minutes or so.
- Four new setup options:
- make moons – Makes every other planet into a moon around the previous planet.
- sun frame – Pins the display to the reference frame of the Sun.
- large screen – Switches between large screen and small screen modes.
- mass spread – Spread between largest and smallest mass in randomized system.
- Revamped Solar System editor:
- Now zooms and pans
- Reworked calculations to make it easy to edit satellite orbits.
- Improved performance – There was a bug when switching from one screen to another that caused performance to gradually degrade. Also there was a memory leak when switching screens.
I expect to release version 1.1 before the end of April.
Editing planets with moons.
Planets with moons.
Orbit in Sun-centered reference frame.
Same orbit in regular reference frame.